Externships in EFCT:
- participants will obtain a clear understanding of the basic experiential and systemic concepts of an “Emotionally Focused” approach to couples therapy.
- participants will be able to conceptualize couple distress and relationship repair based on theories of attachment and emotion.
- participants will develop skills in helping partners reprocess the emotional responses that maintain relational distress.
- participants will develop skills in helping partners shape new interaction patterns and bonding events.
- participants will develop skills to overcome therapeutic impasses with couples.
An Externship includes observation of live therapy sessions, presentations of theory and clinical techniques, skills training exercises, and discussion of specific cases, clinical material and issues.
Who should attend?
The externship is recommended to all professionals who counsel couples, including psychiatrists, psychologists, family physicians, social workers, psychiatric nurses, counsellors, pastors and clergy, and students training in these professions. Registrants will be required to declare their professional designation.
Core Skills Training
EFT Core Skills Training sessions in France or online are offered by Certified EFT Trainers. Core skills training consists of small groups (approx. 12 people) learning the skills essential to the practice of EFT. The training typically takes place over four 2-day events, 12 hours per 2-day event, every three to four months over the space of approximately one year.
Participants are required to have completed an EFT externship and be willing to present their own work through audio/videotape presentation. Registrants will be required to declare their professional designation.